Purpose of this Policy
We collect a variety of personal data to provide cruise and associated travel services to you:
- Identity Data, such as your first name, last name, date of birth, gender, passport details
- Contact Data, such as your home address, business address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data, such as payment card details and bank accounts.
- Other Data, such as the history of your purchases with us, dietary requirements, preferences or special requirements to customize your experience with us.
- Communications Data: This includes your preferences in relation to whether or not you want to receive marketing from us and also your communication preferences.
- Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular, we may receive information about you from travel agents, tour operators and destination management companies whom you have direct contact.
Legal Basis for Using Your Data
In general, the personal data we store, and use has been given to us either through personal interaction with guests and trade partners (for example during a cruise) or as a result of a specific inquiry or booking. We do not buy personal data databases. We only use your personal data in accordance with applicable laws. Normally, we use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- To perform the service, you requested as per the contract entered into with you or with a party representing you (i.e., travel agencies, tour operator and destination management companies).
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. Legitimate interest is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights.
- To comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
For marketing purposes, we may use your personal data to send you information regarding Soli Gin promotions, events, products or services. You can manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the «unsubscribe» link located on the bottom of marketing emails.
We may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote or protect our services (for example we may share information with our payment processors). When we share data with third-party services to support the delivery of our services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do. We may disclose information in response to a legal request, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity, or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may share or disclose all of the types of information we collect if we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if all or part of our assets is acquired, or in response to a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer your information to the acquiring entity. We do not sell personal data to third parties.
How We Protect Your Data
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We and our trusted partners maintain appropriate security measures in place to protect against the unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration of information that has been collected from you.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data so that we can respect your request in future.
You have the right to obtain access to your personal data; to have it updated or corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete; to request that we restrict its processing or remove your data entirely from our system. When asked to remove a record from our database, Soli Gin will retain minimal information to ensure we do not contact you or collect such information again or to keep a record of any information disclosed to our clients. If you don’t wish us to hold any data on you or would prefer that we do not contact you for any reason, please write us to us at email@example.com
Last updated: 13th March 2020